Medical Assistant (CMA/LPN/EMT)
Position: Medical Assitant
Role: Provide assistance to medical providers in the examination and treatment of patients.
- Greet patients and assure a smooth and efficient patient flow
- Perform clinical intake including but not limited to obtaining patient’s medical history, current medications & chief complaint; obtain vital signs and records information within the electronic medical record
- Explain treatment procedures and prepare patient and exam room for examination
- Position instruments and equipment and hand to the provider as directed. Clean instruments and equipment after use.
- Administer medications, dress/bandage wounds, draw blood and assist provider with any procedures
- Perform diagnostic tests including eye exams, electrocardiograph, audiogram, peak flow, and other basic nursing functions
- Perform CLIA-waived lab tests, draw blood, and create label and process specimens for send-out
- Perform both DOT and Non-DOT urine drug screens, using proper chain of custody; ensure preparation for pick-up and shipment to appropriate laboratory (After certification training)
- Perform dosage calculations for administering medications
- Where applicable, perform basic x-rays or assist radiology technologists with x-ray set-up
- Complete medical charting to include medical services rendered, test results, and supplies used
- Perform patient callbacks, arrange referrals and testing, and schedule follow-up appointments
- Monitor disposable inventory, medical supplies, and pharmaceuticals
- Perform quality checks on medical equipment
- Assist in onboarding and training of new staff members if required
- Assist front desk staff with patient registration and perform additional clerical duties when needed
- Perform additional duties as necessary
- Ability to work weekday and/or weekend shifts as needed.
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts as determined by location.
- Basic computer skills and working knowledge of electronic medical records.
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Two years of clinical experience preferred.
- BLS/CPR certification preferred.
- Occupational Health, X-Ray, and/or IV experience preferred.
- Ability to escort or transport a patient by wheelchair when appropriate.
- Completion of accredited professional clinical program.
- License required for LPN, EMT, or RT
- Proof of current Medical Assistant certification preferred or wiling to obtain (CMA)
- On-the-job Training
- Employee flat-rate medical services at CRH-affiliated clinics
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401(K) Match
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Generous PTO Plan
- Volume Incentive Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Complimentary Financial Planning
- Collaborative Work Environment
- Growth Opportunities
- Annual Merit Increases
- Employee Referral Bonuses
CRH Healthcare an equal opportunity employer: M/F/D/V
CRH Healthcare provides a professional work environment, a strong clinical support organization and a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.